The Ministry of Agriculture held a Staff Recognition and Awards Dinner on January 30. 2020 at the Montserrat Cultural Centre. Over Fifty-one (51) persons were given awards in the following areas: –
- Attendance and Punctuality Awards,
- Long Services Awards for between 10 – 19 years of work,
- Long Service Awards for those who worked between 20 – 29 years
- Long Service Awards – Retirees
- Long Service Awards for those who worked 30 + years.
Prizes were also given to the Most Outstanding Employee by the Department and the Employee of the year. Opening remarks by the Permanent Secretary Mrs. Beverly Mendes highlighted the importance of always showing appreciation to those dedicated workers who have worked tirelessly over the years and the need to recognize and value a person’s contribution to the Ministry and to Montserrat. The evenings programme also included entertainment by the local dance group the Matrix Dancers.